Today is all about me, no me, no me! We got tagged for three memes this week, so here's a bunch more stuff about us!!! We also decided to let George join in, since we've got so much to tell.
My darling Dante tagged us for the nickname meme.
Here are the rules for the Nicknames Meme:
Post a link to the kitty who tagged you, and post the rules on your blog. List your real name, how you got your real name, nicknames you like/tolerate, and nicknames you wish your humans would stop calling you. Tag several kitties, and write a comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
How I got my name: There are two possibilities for how I got my name , either I was named after the ship from Pirates of the Caribbean, the Black Pearl or I was named after the octopus in Finding Nemo. You can take your pick.
Nicknames I like: Princessa, Principessa, Pufferella, Precious, Little Tortois (you've got to say it kind of french-like), Wee One, Sweet P, Littlest One, Pearly Mae, Mae-Mae, Mae-Malay.
Nicknames I don't like: Beaker (cause sometimes I make little noises like Beaker from the Muppet show), Loud-Mouth, Principessa Whiny-Pants.
How I got my name: I was named after Bert from Mary Poppins. Mommy says it's because I'm almost all black like a chimney sweep, but I think it's cause Mary Poppins is one of Mommy's favorite movies.
Nicknames I like: Boy-o, Boy Boy, Boyoski, Mitten Man, Mr. Mustachio, Bots, Bots-Dots, Bertamus Maximus (or Bertamus Minamus when he was little).
Nicknames I don't like: Dirty Bert, Squirty (ok once I had a little litter box issue, but that's no reason to keep calling me that!), Lamby-kins.
How I got my name: It took a long time for Mommy and Daddy to come up with my name. But they finally named me after the seagull in Rescuers Down Under.
Nicknames I like: Ja-ja (sort of like Zsa-Zsa Gabor), Jaj, Digger, Dig, Big Dig, Jakey Bo-Bo, Bo-Bo, Boboski, Nomojijo, Jingle Jake and Squebunk.
Nicknames I don't like: Jerk (Mommy calls me that when I'm picking on the kittens), Nudge, Mr. Poo-Pants.
How I got my name: I am named after the fox terrier from the movie Bringing Up Baby. It's Mommy's all time favorite movie and she thought it would be a perfect choice, even though I'm a girl.
Nicknames I like: Georgie, Georgie Girl, Puppy Girl, Baby Puppy, Georgie Porgie, Georgie Porgie Puddin Pie, Puddin, Georgie Jumping Bean, Snow-Nose, Pupcicle and Super-pup.
Nicknames I don't like: Poo, Super-Poo, Devil Dawg and NO! (I get called that one a lot!)
We haven't done this meme before, but here's the story of how we got our names and here's a 7 things meme that we did on other nicknames!
Then Abby, Boo, Jinx, Ping and Gracie tagged us!. This meme was created by the charming cats at http://www.petspics.blogspot.com/. The rules are: you have to post who tagged you and link back to them and then to petspics.blogspot.com. Then you have to tag 3 other kitties, beans, woofies, or any other assorted animal. What three things would you do that you have never done before, if you knew you wouldn't get caught, get in trouble, or suffer any consequences?
1. I'd break into the refrigerator (or as I like to call it - the Great White Feeding Parent) and eat all the food and nips that are in there. - Jake
2. I'd get up on the vanity and knock all of Mommy's rings and earrings off. - Pearl
3. I'd run around the house and chase all the kitties and eat all the food off the counter and pull all the cushions down off the sofa and eat them. - George
(I chose not to put anything down, cause I'm a really good kitty and Mommy and Daddy never yell at me, ever. - Bert)
And then Skeeter,LC & Ayla tagged us for the 7 weird things meme.
1. Bert never gets yelled at (really he's a perfect little guy).
2. Jake jumps up on the counter and eats the butter if Mommy and Daddy forget to cover it.
3. Pearl likes to sleep in the kitty tent when it's upside down.
4. George runs and gets her bone when a kitty walks in the room, she's afraid we'll steal it!
5. Jake wears a jingle bell on his collar cause he used to get lost when he was little and Mommy and Daddy needed it to find him.
6. Pearl loves to put her feet in plates to try and get the food off.
7. Bert likes to sit under the window and watch the birds (Mommy's not quite sure how he can see the birds from where he sits, but that's his birdwatching spot!).
Wow - that's a lot of information about us! Now we now that a lot of you kitties have done some (if not all) of these memes, so feel free to do them if you like. We would like to tag all those new kittens out there for these (just think of all the silly nicknames that could get started!)!
Pearl, Bert, Jake and George