I love going outside - that's no secret. Who wouldn't? There's mice and birds and squirrels and all sorts of good smells and things to do and eat!
Lately Mommy and Daddy haven't been letting us out as often, something about it being cold out and snowing. I keep telling them that I've got floofy fur and tufts in my toes - I'll be fine.
Yesterday I ran out of the front door before Mommy could stop me - and I ran and romped and played. But there was a little problem with my plan, Mommy and Daddy had to go to work and so they weren't home to open the door for me when I wanted to come in.
So here's my 13 reasons why it's not a good idea to run out the door:
1. When Mommy says it's snowing, it means bits of very cold water are coming down from the sky.
2. When Daddy says it's cold out it means that it's under 30 degrees.
3. I got pine pitch in my pants because I hid under the pine tree to stay warm.
4. I sat by the front door for hours hollering for Mommy or Daddy (that's what the neighbor said).
5. Since we're not allowed outside in winter, Mommy had Daddy take away the little shelter under the deck (the birds and squirrels were making a mess of it), so I didn't have a warm place to hide.
6. There aren't many mice or other creatures to hunt on a snowy day - they all stay in their homes (like I should have).
7. I missed my warm kitty cups where I sleep during the day and I couldn't get eat my crunchies or have any water.
8. I had to hide behind our little spruce tree when it got really windy.
9. I got burs in my tummy fur from running around in the weeds.
10. I just know that my brothers were inside doing all the things that I should have been doing, (you know napping, eating, playing).
11. Mommy and Daddy worried all day - they even asked the neighbor to check and see if I was ok.
12. I got all my floofy furs dirty trying to crawl under the wood pile to stay warm.
13. My Mommy had to leave work early to come home and rescue me, cause she was very worried.
I'm sorry Mommy and Daddy. I promise to at least try and listen to you next time!
P.S. I'm sure he already got one, but I'd like to give my special golden rose to Dante, he's so dashing!