Wow, this is our very first Thursday Thirteen! I think we'll do what Captain Jack and Dante did, give you the important info about us.
1. Jake is the oldest - he's five and Mom and Dad have had him since he was three weeks old (here's a picture of him from he was brand new - he's putting the bites on Mom).
2. Pearl is the middle kitty, Mom calls her Princess or Princess Pearl. Our Granddaddy calls her Pearly-Mae after Pearl Bailey.
3. Bert is the newest addition, he's only a year and a half old but he's the most distinguished (at least that's what Mom says). He was almost named Butler, cause he's so distinguished - but Mom didn't want every one calling him "Butt".
4. Pearl and Bert were adopted from the same nice lady that runs a shelter just for kitties. We were both born here in Michigan, but Jake was born in California - where Mom and Dad used to live.
5. Mom and Dad have a dog too - George. She's a girl dog with a boy's name, everyone thinks that's funny. She loves all us kitties, but Bert's the only one that loves her back. Pearl like to put the smack-down on George and Jake just keeps away. (here's a picture of Bert and Georgie hanging out).
6. We are in-door out-door kitties. We live inside, but we go out for a couple of hours in the evening to sniff the breeze, mark our turf, hunt - you know, kitty stuff. On weekends if it's nice out we get to go out for longer. Now that winter is coming we won't go out as much - since none of us really like the snow.
7. Jake and Pearl both have long soft hair, so Mom calls them the "Double Puffers" since they both have puffy pants (which is a pain when they get mats, but they're so pretty most of the time).
8. Since Pearl and Bert are the youngest and were adopted very close together Mom and Dad call them "the Kittens". But when they are talking about all three of us they call us "the Babies" (the dog just gets called "the Pup" all the time).
9. We are all very good hunters - too good Mom says. Pearl is better at mice, Bert is good with both mice and birds (and sometimes chipmunks) and Jake is better at birds. Mom and Dad call us the "Woodland Creature Death Squad" - cause there have been days where we come back with LOTS of presents for them. (Here's a picture of us looking for a snack to bring home)
10. We have toy baskets in three rooms of the house - just in case we get bored. And we've got beds (or special soft spots) in every room. And we have super black and white cubes like Jasper McKitten-Cat. That's right, we own the joint!
11. Jake and Bert like to drink really fresh water - like out of the faucet fresh! Pearl only watches them, it could because she doesn't like getting all the water on her face.
12. Pearl is the littlest - but everyone is scared of her, she's the boss of all of us. She smacks us in the nose when we're all waiting for breakfast or dinner. Jake likes to chase her around the house, but I think it's just because he gets jealous when Dad talks to her too much.
13. We're very spoiled kitties and we're very okay with that!
- Pearl, Bert and Jake