Friday, November 2, 2007

Not Enough Room to Swing a Cat

I don't think that she'd actually swing one of us, but that's what Mom said this morning!

She was going to take a shower and turned the tap on for Bert and Jake (like she always does) so they could drink fresh water while she was in the shower. Usually Bert goes in first and stays a bit, then later Jake comes in for a drink - but this morning Jake went in first and Bert had to wait in line. So while Mom was getting ready, Jake drank and Bert waited patiently on the mat. Mom said it was pretty darn crowded with the two boys, but that Bert was being very good to wait.

Then I decided to see what all the excitement was in the Bathroom (it's not usually all that interesting to me). So when I walked in I gave Bert a little rub, but then I saw Jake's tail just hanging there - so I swatted it! Then Jake got mad and jumped down on me, Bert tried to hop up on the very small counter (thinking it was his turn), and I ran behind Mom.

That's when she yelled at us and said "There's not enough room for all of you - this bathroom isn't even big enough to swing a cat in!".

We're still a bit worried that she'll swing us if she finds a room big enough!

-Pearl

10 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, you were all in the bathroom at once! I like to play with water from the tap, but I don't like to drink it, because Munich water is very hard and tastes horrible. I only drink bottled water.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Wow! That's a lot of kitties in one bathroom. Dante loves the bathroom and actually guards his own. When Mommy goes in that bathroom to take a bath, he sits on the side of the tub and purrs the whole time!

Tybalt said...

I bet the bathroom was crowded! I'm sure your mom wouldn't really swing one of you. Maybe that's why my mommy doesn't let me in the bathroom . . . she doesn't want to be tempted to try it.

Daisy said...

I like to drink water from the faucet, too. I am glad Pixie does not go into the bathroom and crowd me out.

Mickey's Musings said...

Oooo,that sounds scary.Hope she dosen't find a bigger room.
Mom thought it was funny and laughed!!!!!!

The Cat Realm said...

I Dare You!
Yes, It is ME, Anastasia! Karl was thoughtful enough to put the Dare out on the Day of the Dead, so I can come personally! And if you don't accept the challenge, I might just come again and haunt you, Hahahahahahahahaha!
Anastasia

Kimo and Sabi said...

Better to swing a cat than skin a cat!

Sassy Kat said...

I think not enough room is just an expression. At least I hope it is. It wouldn't be nice to swing a cat. Anyway it must have been nice getting fresh cold water out of the tap to drink. Hope to see you all at the parties this weekend.

Sassy Kat said...

Hey, stopping in today real quick to remind you of Opus & Roscoe's pizza party today. Don't forget to drop by. Also surprise from me to all, my picture is posted

Victor Tabbycat said...

It's like that at our howse sumtimes! Mom doin what moms do... Bonnie on the sink, then I walk in. Once the boy started to follow me in, but Mom said NO! Too many in there already. Dad don't let any of us in wif him - he's no fun.