Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Tuxie/Tortie Tuesday

Here we are - on the last warm days of fall catching some rays!

It's started to get very cold here, it's been in the 30s at night. We're not sure exactly what that means to Mom and Dad, but we do know it means that we can go out at night. The rule is once it dips down below 40 - no kitties outside. If we're lucky we get to go out for a few hours after dinner, before it gets too cold.

Bert always wants to come in when he gets cold, but he has short hairs, so he gets colder faster. But I don't see why Jake and I can't stay out - we have big puffy furs to keep us warm (and they get even bigger and puffier in Winter). I sit in the hall and yell, trying to make my point, but Mom just says "no way Pearly-Mae". She always says that she doesn't want my wee tortie-toes to freeze.

I'll take what I can get for now - because once the snow is on the ground I don't like to go out till Spring!

- Pearl

UPDATE: I just wanted to let you know that when my Dad got home today I yelled at him to let me out, and he did! So I scampered out, happy as can be until I noticed that there was SNOW on the ground. I ran back in as quickly as my wee tortie paws would take me - and Daddy laughed and laughed (he even called Mom at work so she could have a laugh too).

12 comments:

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Our Mommy will not let us on our screened porch at night once it starts getting colder - no matter how much we yell and complain. To get our revenge, Dante goes and lies on Mommy's head and wakes her up all night long.

Tybalt said...

I just make sure I stay warm by sleeping on top of mommy at night and refusing to let her move. The best part about it getting colder outside is that she has the electric blanket on the bed now, so there is extra snuggly warmth!

Daisy said...

It never gets very cold where I live. My problem is it stays hot for such a long time, it is too warm to go out in my stroller. I think I would like some cold weather for snuggling.

LZ said...

Yeah its like that around here too. Makes me glad I never go Out of Doors of course I don't think I'd like it out there anyway, too scary!

Kaze
(the chicken)

Victor Tabbycat said...

I go to the basement at night cuz dat's where the litterbox is, an then I come back wif cold stuck to my furs, an I dive unner the covers wif Mom an Dad to get warm. It's a good arrangement - for me!

Cold means no more open windows to sit in an no more bugs comin in to play. ::sigh::

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Mom makes us come in earlier now...we use to get to stay on the back porch until it got dark, now we have to come in around 5...pewwwwwww we don't like that at all.

Purrs
Abby

Mickey's Musings said...

SNOW???!!!!! Yuck! It's too early for that stuff. Oh wait.... I don't go outdoors,heehee!!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Mommy sez dat s n o w is a four letter word and no one here is allowed to say it. But da cold is furry good fur snuggling.

Unknown said...

Hey guys! I'm finally back from my break. Have you guys been having fun out there in the blogosphere. The Lady is gonna add you guys to my blogroll and my google reader so I never miss a thing! It was hard having to take a break last week. I hope My lady doesn't ever get busy like that again.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

What great places to lounge!!
DMM

Tara said...

We have snow up at our mountain house, I don't like it at all!

Thanks for coming to my party!

Tara

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Be careful outside! It is much warmer and safer indoors. I'm only allowed outside on my harness or in my stroller when it's over +20C. I don't mind though - I'm happy indoors. :)