Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Ha ha! I got it all to myself today! Mom said in honor of me being introduced on the Tuxedo Gang Hideout that I could have Tuesday all to myself. Of course I'm sure this means that it's back to Tuxie/Torie Tuesday next week - and I'll probably have to give up a whole Tuesday at some point, but I'll take it!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Basil was a very handsome, very sweet Tuxedo ManCat. I only knew him for a week before he went over the bridge, but he was nice to me and didn't growl or hiss. I wish I had known him longer. Mom was thinking about him today - so she suggested that I use his picture for ManCat Monday.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Hey, everyone, this time, I decide to start this cherish meme, here are some ways (depends on which person you write), and bring our love to Miss Peach~! She always makes us know what love is!
1. tell us what is the most sweetest warm thing you will do to your mommy (what is the sweetest thing that your kitty will do to you)
2. And, hug your mommy, tightly... (and, hug your kitty....tightly...)
3. Tag your good friend...
4. Leave your computer, and continuing hug each other...1. We're gonna be so good - we're not gonna go out in the rain and get muddy prints on the floor. We're not gonna fight with each other, we're gonna play nicely. We're gonna love each other.
2. We're gonna go hug our Mom and Dad and make sure to cuddle with them all night.
3. We're gonna tag our new friends Capt. Jack & Dante and Sultanfus & Guy.
4. We gotta go now - we've got some huggin' to do.
- Pearl, Bert and Jake
Thursday, October 25, 2007
1. Jake is the oldest - he's five and Mom and Dad have had him since he was three weeks old (here's a picture of him from he was brand new - he's putting the bites on Mom).
2. Pearl is the middle kitty, Mom calls her Princess or Princess Pearl. Our Granddaddy calls her Pearly-Mae after Pearl Bailey.
3. Bert is the newest addition, he's only a year and a half old but he's the most distinguished (at least that's what Mom says). He was almost named Butler, cause he's so distinguished - but Mom didn't want every one calling him "Butt".
4. Pearl and Bert were adopted from the same nice lady that runs a shelter just for kitties. We were both born here in Michigan, but Jake was born in California - where Mom and Dad used to live.
5. Mom and Dad have a dog too - George. She's a girl dog with a boy's name, everyone thinks that's funny. She loves all us kitties, but Bert's the only one that loves her back. Pearl like to put the smack-down on George and Jake just keeps away. (here's a picture of Bert and Georgie hanging out).
6. We are in-door out-door kitties. We live inside, but we go out for a couple of hours in the evening to sniff the breeze, mark our turf, hunt - you know, kitty stuff. On weekends if it's nice out we get to go out for longer. Now that winter is coming we won't go out as much - since none of us really like the snow.
7. Jake and Pearl both have long soft hair, so Mom calls them the "Double Puffers" since they both have puffy pants (which is a pain when they get mats, but they're so pretty most of the time).
8. Since Pearl and Bert are the youngest and were adopted very close together Mom and Dad call them "the Kittens". But when they are talking about all three of us they call us "the Babies" (the dog just gets called "the Pup" all the time).
9. We are all very good hunters - too good Mom says. Pearl is better at mice, Bert is good with both mice and birds (and sometimes chipmunks) and Jake is better at birds. Mom and Dad call us the "Woodland Creature Death Squad" - cause there have been days where we come back with LOTS of presents for them. (Here's a picture of us looking for a snack to bring home)
10. We have toy baskets in three rooms of the house - just in case we get bored. And we've got beds (or special soft spots) in every room. And we have super black and white cubes like Jasper McKitten-Cat. That's right, we own the joint!
11. Jake and Bert like to drink really fresh water - like out of the faucet fresh! Pearl only watches them, it could because she doesn't like getting all the water on her face.
12. Pearl is the littlest - but everyone is scared of her, she's the boss of all of us. She smacks us in the nose when we're all waiting for breakfast or dinner. Jake likes to chase her around the house, but I think it's just because he gets jealous when Dad talks to her too much.
13. We're very spoiled kitties and we're very okay with that!
- Pearl, Bert and Jake
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
But Mom said I should share with Pearl, so she said that we should call it Tuxie/Tortie Tuesday. Of course I suggested that we could have Tuxedo Tuesdays and Tortoiseshell Thursdays, but she didn't buy it!
Since Mom is making me do it - we'll share this week - but maybe next week we can just trade back and forth, you know Tuxie Tuesday one week and Tortie Tuesday the next week?! We'll see...
Sunday, October 21, 2007
On Saturday or sometimes Sunday morning, we get to dig into some serious, home-grown Cat Nip. A nice man my mom knows brought her a gigantic bag full from his cat nip plants. We've been having this special nip for over a year and we still have a ton left!
I usually get a whole special plate to my self - and the kittens have to share. I always get the special plate because Pearl tries to beat me up when I get too close (somehow she doesn't seem to mind Bert).
Anyway, as you can see from my picture, I enjoyed it no matter how I have to get a hold of it.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
It was a wonderful morning out, windy and warm and grey - then the water started and I had to go hide under the pine tree. Thankfully Mom had to go to work so I came running in just before she left, muddy feet and all.
Fall is so hard, it looks like a nice day - one that you can go and do fun kitty things in, then it drops water out of the sky all of a sudden! The worst part is that it means the snow is coming, and they never let us out when that stuff is around.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
The worst part is that Mom really needed some love today (our Grandpa is really sick again), and we couldn't make her feel better. I tried to tell the kittens that she needed us, but they just wanted to go outside and play. But since I'm the boss, I'll make sure they both give her lots of love later, and even if they don't I'll cuddle up on the bed with her later and make sure she's better!
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Hmmmmmm... looks like Mom left this thing on.
We've been wondering about this whole "blog" thing, our Mom tells us about cool kitty blogs all the time. Maybe we could do it, we've got stuff happening in our lives right? Who wouldn't want to hear about us?
Yep, ok, we're gonna blog - but just the kitties, that dang dog can't play on our blog!
- Pearl, Bert and Jake